What is your legacy?
|Nature Education||Nature Land Conservation|
These and many more can be, when you remember The Wilderness Center in your estate planning. All legatees become members in The Old Bur Oak Legacy Society.There are two ways to preserve your legacy while helping The Wilderness Center.
- One way will provide you and your beneficiary with income through gift annuities or charitable trusts.
- The other way is to name The Wilderness Center as a beneficiary in your will, your life insurance policy, or your retirement plan.
There are specific tax advantages and disadvantages to each approach, so please see your tax consultant for details.
Join The Old Bur Oak Legacy Society!The Old Bur Oak Legacy Societyrecognizes people who make planned contributions to The Wilderness Center. The Society is an opportunity for contributors to feel the joy and realize the beauty of their gift during their lifetime.When The Wilderness Center was founded a gigantic bur oak, estimated to be 350 to 400 years old, was standing on the edge of Sigrist Woods. This bur oak was the largest and probably the oldest tree at The Wilderness Center.Old Bur no longer graces the edge of Sigrist Woods, yet it continues to live on as our logo. The Old Bur Oak Legacy Society is a tribute to the life-sustaining strength that planned gifts provide to The Wilderness Center. Since all planned gifts go into our endowment, your contribution will provide income as long as The Wilderness Center exists.Contact Barb Vitcosky at: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Leave a Legacy
- Gifts can be funded with cash or appreciated properties, such as securities or real estate.
- Charitable Gift Annuity – In exchange for your contribution, The Wilderness Center will guarantee to pay you or someone of your choice a fixed income for life.
- Charitable Remainder Trust – A charitable remainder trust provides a stream of income to you or someone you designate for life or a term of years. At termination, the remains in the trust will go to The Wilderness Center.
- Charitable Lead Trust – A charitable lead trust is the opposite of a remainder trust. The Wilderness Center would receive the income from the trust for a fixed period of years. Afterward, the trust will provide income for you or a beneficiary you designate.
- Bequests – We would welcome the opportunity to work with you and your advisor to incorporate a gift to The Wilderness Center in your will or trust.
Our legal name is:
The Wilderness Center, Inc., 9877 Alabama Avenue SW., Wilmot, Ohio 44689.
The Wilderness Center is part of a nationwide organization called Leave a Legacy that promotes planned giving. On their site, there is a Gift Calculator that allows you to put in your personal information and see the different payout results and tax implications for gift annuities, annuity trusts, and unitrusts.
Please click on the link below to go to Leave a Legacy’s website. There is a lot of other information available there, too! Once you are finished and want to return to our site, click on our link on the sponsor page and you will be returned to our homepage, or use your back browser button. If you don’t make it back, please come back another time!