The Wilderness Center’s Job Postings:
Title: Foxfield Preserve Associate
Supervisor: Foxfield Preserve Manager
Location: The Wilderness Center; Wilmot, Ohio
Summary of Position:
Assist Manager with sales, operations and promotion of the Foxfield Preserve nature preserve cemetery, through formal presentations for diverse target markets, meeting with individuals, and assisting with services. Position is 16-20 hours per week, with mandatory Saturday office hours.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Meet with and respond to inquiries from prospective customers and answer questions during weekly
scheduled office hours.
- Complete pre-need and at-need sales, maintain sales database and clear, well-organized files.
- Present to diverse target markets at The Wilderness Center and throughout northeastern Ohio, including at trade shows, civic organizations, garden clubs and religious institutions.
- Provide on-site support during interments; assist families with logistical planning, site preparation, serving as pallbearer and digging graves for cremation interments when necessary
- Maintain an understanding and familiarity with market trends and current events, including the products and services developing within the green burial movement.
- Assist with special events or interpretive hikes on the Preserve, as needed.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to assist clients during a difficult emotional period in a calming, helpful and sympathetic manner. Respectful and tolerant response to a wide variety of religious and secular traditions is mandatory. Clear and persuasive presentation skills, whether with a large or small group
- Physical requirements – Ability to lift up to 50 pounds, participate in moderately strenuous work for a length of time in an outdoor environment, and walk through rough terrain for a distance (up to five miles). May be called upon to clear sections of grass and brush and dig up to 2.5 square foot holes, when necessary. Skill and willingness to work with a variety of hand and power tools, including brush removal machines, and trimmers. Ability to drive ATV vehicles and tractors a plus. Ability and willingness to serve as a pallbearer during funerals as needed.
- Travel requirements – Requires use of dependable personal vehicle to travel within a 75 mile radius of The Wilderness Center. Milage to be reimbursed at a rate of $0.25 per mile.
- Technological requirements – Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office suite. Familiarity with Filemaker database system a plus.
- Willingness to work flexible hours, including mandatory Saturday office hours, evenings and holidays, to meet the needs of the families served.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Commitment and adherence to The Wilderness Center’s & Foxfield Preserve’s mission and core values.
About Foxfield Preserve:
Foxfield Preserve is a 501(c)(13) nonprofit cemetery which provides a more economical, environmentally-friendly alternative to modern burial, while providing wildlife habitat and funding The Wilderness Center’s land conservation and nature education programs. Further information is available at www.foxfieldpreserve.org.
About The Wilderness Center:
The Wilderness Center, Inc. (TWC) is a secular, nonprofit 501(c)(3) nature center and land conservation organization. TWC’s mission is: To connect our community with nature, educate people of all ages, conserve natural resources, and practice environmental stewardship.
Wage will be commensurate with experience. Start date will be near the end of July, 2017. Application deadline for full consideration is June 15, 2017. Please submit cover letter, resume, and a list of three references with contact information to:
The Wilderness Center, Inc.
attn: Foxfield Preserve Manager
P.O. Box 202
Wilmot, OH 44689-0202
Or send application material via email to: email@example.com
The Wilderness Center, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy to comply with all applicable state and federal laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, age, color, sex, religion, national origin, or other protected classification.
The Wilderness Center can only offer unpaid internships at this time. If you are interested in an internship, please call us at 330-359-5235 for more information.