Native Plant Celebration with Dr. Doug Tallamy
In his publication Bringing Nature Home, Dr. Tallamy made a case for the absolute importance of native plants in providing food for wildlife, connecting fragmented habitats and increasing the biological diversity around us. His newest publication, Nature’s Best Hope, outlines a vision for a grassroots approach to conservation and promotes an emotional connection to nature in our own backyards.
A chance to win one of 10 great native plant resources is included with each webinar registration! The raffle will happen before the webinar so please register by August 20th to be included. Each winner will be contacted by phone or e-mail to choose their prize until all items are distributed. Check out what you could win:
- A Dr. Tallamy book!
- A signed copy of Nature’s Best Hope
- The Living Landscape
- Bringing Nature Home
- Organic Gardening Basket from Anthony Petitti Garden Center
- Native plants – sets include nine live plants from our Native Plant Nursery. Six sets will be available but must be picked up at TWC.
- Shade Garden Set – A combination of Wild Blue Phlox ‘May Breeze’, Foamflower, Fire Pink and White Snakeroot
- Sunny Garden Set – A combination of Common Milkweed, Dense Blazing Star, Bergamot ‘Clair Grace’ and Compass Plant
Join us for this live webinar using Zoom. The login link will be sent to your email on Friday morning, August 21. Participants will be able to submit questions using the chat feature during the program. After the program, the recording will be e-mailed to participants for your information or if you need to watch it on your own time.
Cost: $25 members / $30 nonmembers. Registration includes one raffle ticket. Additional raffle tickets can be purchased for $5.00 each. Register by August 20 to be included in the raffle. Register early, as we are limited to 100 participants.
Pre-registration required. Support provided by the Bertie Lou Allshouse Education Fund